Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I play a game that temporarily restricts me from logging into my aco**** when I create to many games to fast. I avoid this by going on the other side of the house and pushing the DSL modem power on/off button, off then back on. Is there a program that will hide or reset the settings the same way my method of turning the modem on then off works? So the game can not detect my IP if there is a program that can hide it?

·
Super Moderator
82,234 Posts
Sounds to me like a deliberate restriction. But if you think the game has a bug, contact them about it.

I assume that you would not try to violate forum guidelines by asking for ways to bypass valid ISP, site or game rules.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When i power my modem on and off... does it give me a new ip address is all? If so is there a program that can give you new ip adresses with the click of the button

·
Registered
521 Posts
ISP's assign IP address's, and you cannot change your IP yourself.

Personally I believe that you are trying to violate game rules like Terry says.

Kind Regards
Anthony

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well there are no game rules reffering to changing the IP. The game is stubborn and restricts you more often than they state which is 20 games an hour. I am restricted every 10-15 games or less per hour. Thank you for your help though I was just wondering what changes in my network when i click the modem on the off?

·
Super Moderator
82,234 Posts
If your lease expires while the modem is off there is a possibility that somebody else will get the IP address that had been reserved for you. If you are connected directly to the modem you can see the lease info via
Start - Run - cmd - OK
ipconfig /all

If using a router you may be able to see the lease info in the router's WAN section.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.