Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an emachine only a few months old. Windows XP. I suspect it was hit by lightning. Took it to BestBuy - bought a Zoom V92 modem, had them install it and it worked great at the store.
At home the first time I started it up it was running great, dialed up, got on the internet and email - but the computer wouldn't shut down when I hit the shut down button. I checked that it wasn't on standby or hybernate. I went into the control panel/phones/modems and removed the old modem ... now I don't get the dial up menu when it boots up, but the new modem is listed. I'm crying - I'm old, retired and on a fixed budget and not particularly tech savy. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I need a little more info, what are the machine specs? If you can give me the e machine model number that would be great. Why do you suspect it was hit by lightening? Is that what prompted you to go to Best Buy?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.