Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
now this has happened on more than one of my computers:when i goto install modem it freezes(using windows 98 by the way) or if i manually select it when i goto check detail or log onto internet it says intializing modem and freezes so what probnlem

PS:REPLAY ASAP PLEASE

THIS IS NOW CURRENTLY HAPPENING ON 3 MY COMPUTERS

please post and email me the solution at [email protected] thanks sooooo much :cool: :( :cool: :)

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
assuming internal dialup modem.

sounds like com port conflict.

is it isa or pci modem or external? What Brand? Motherboard?

If you don't use any of your external com ports, go in the bios and disable com 1 and 2. Then try installing the modem.
Also make sure you get updated drivers for the modem. Also check the device manager.

if isa modem. you may have to set jumpers on the modem to com1 or com2.

Also make sure you have win98 updated correctly too.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it is an at&t modem and it is in com port 2 internal and i do not have any drivers do you know where i can get at&t drivers?it is a bit older like 1994(testing it for microprocessor) anyway do you?:( :)

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Drivers

I would suggest that after you find the right drivers reboot in safe mode press F8 during boot and chose safe mode...

From the safe mode screen chose START... Settings... Control panel... System... Device manager... Click the plus + sign next to modems then delete all that are listed.. Restart and when it detects the modem point it to the drivers you downloaded..

Good luck..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.