Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok mobo I chose you for this cause you seem to be the one that knows alot and you helped me mostly anyways I had a question before I changed my virual memory settings or page file settings to this initial 512MB max 768 cause this error has been popping up on me too much I mean I never had this problem and now all a sudden I am anyways like when I enter steam and play cs I check the performance tab it says cpu usage comes up to 68%, and pf memory is towards 350MB I mean is that normal? I mean im sorry im not a computer whiz but I don't remember steam having to have to eat up that much resources of mine I mean I know i gotta get more ram and I will, but this has me stumped also my nephew wanted me to install this game on my comp it had like 6 Sega Genesis games on it it was called Smash Pack" well it sucked and when I uninstalled it this is when I been getting this error I might be jumping to conclusions and this could be just a concidence but my computer has been acting strange ever since I uninstalled that game so what should I do about that? plz help me out im sorry for this long topic you have to read, and im sorry this isn't a serious question im just trying to find help ty and thx again for any help you can give me.

BTW the error incase you wondering is low virtual memory", and also when I uninstalled that game my sega emulator doesnt' work right I know I cant' get help on that, and my computer restarted it self once it hasnt' yet but this has happend ever since I uninstalled that game I wanna smash that game of his, and I tried doing a system restore but there is no restore point before the game was installed I saved one though about 3 days before I installed it so I dont' get what is going on

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
First of all download the following programmes: Spybot & Adaware

Update both of them first, then run both programmes and have them fix anything they find.

When you have run and fixed everything with Spybot Search and Destroy and AdAware, please reboot before scanning, as not everything can be removed when Windows is running

Go to this page, and download 'Hijack This!'.

Unzip it, launch Hijack This, then press Scan, and press Save Log

This will generate a text file that will list all running processes, all applications that are loaded automatically when you start Windows, and more.

open that file
Go to Edit | Select all
Now click Edit | copy to copy it

Do not change anything just yet
Come back to the forum, Right Click and paste its contents here

Someone will come along and have a look at it, and advise you what still needs to be removed.

·
Gone but never forgotten
9,803 Posts
Until Mobo answers try this ......

RESOLUTION
To resolve this problem, obtain Microsoft Project 2000, Service Release 1 (SR-1).

To obtain SR-1, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
288953 PRJ2000: How to Obtain and Install Microsoft Project 2000 SR-1

Temporary Workaround
When this error message occurs, you may be able to resolve the problem by increasing the size of virtual memory ("swap file") in Microsoft Windows. However, this workaround may not work in all situations.

The following steps describe how to change the size of virtual memory

NOTE: Because there are several versions of Microsoft Windows, the following steps may be different on your computer. If they are, see your product documentation to complete these steps.

Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
Double-click the System icon.
In the System Properties dialog box, click the Advanced tab, and then click Performance Options.
Under Virtual memory, click Change.
Set the Maximum size setting to a larger number than the current setting.

NOTE: You cannot set a maximum size that is greater than the amount of free space that is available on your hard disk.
Click OK three times.
You are prompted to restart your computer

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.