Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I'm a first time poster, so bear with me here :)

My HP Mini has a 16GB hard drive and I've had it for about 6 months now. When I used CCleaner and WinDirStat yesterday, it only scanned and showed 6 GB of total space, not free space. I don't use very many programs, and I'm trying to find out where all of my memory went:

To save hard drive space, I've turned off both hibernation and System restore, moved my My Documents folder to my SD card, and kept my installations to about 1.5 GB.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
When you run WinDirStat it totals up the used space, so if it shows 6GB you should still have about 10GB free space.

Right-click on the C: drive and click on properties, what does it say in there.

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Open Disk Management (Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Computer Management/Disk Management). Expand the window by dragging the edges/corners) so everything can be seen. Take a screen shot and post it here.

If you do not know how to take a screen shot or post one, let us know and instructions will be given.

Raybro

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.