Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i am new to this forum for the last 2 days and hrs been trying to find and download all drivers for my computer. i wiped out computer because of virus and re-installed windows xp but can't download any games for my daughter it says i need direct 3d device and all that, tried to download net framework, sat there for hrs and at the end computer said couldn't find it. i would like to know is it extremely easy to get this all back because i have no sound coming from speakers i called ibm they gave me a migr with no. to down load all drivers and i cant find it can some one help me. be nice im new

·
Registered
607 Posts
what make and model of IBM is your machine?
If you have a spec that also may be useful

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thank you i found the no. so now i most likly need everythingi have no sound i cant play games ect... will this give me 3d device direct x so now what do i look for after i hit the no. that brings up my computer there is so much i dont know what to download and what to stay away from thank you for your patience with me.

·
Registered
607 Posts
just download and install all the ones next to "windows XP" under each sections, however miss out the Bios and don't bother with anything under product centre heading.
A couple of them you may not need, but the computer will warn you of these if you try to install them and the hardware is not there.

this should then once downloaded let you install all correct drivers for sound and graphics right through to networking.

As far as directX is concerned goto
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3
to download and install

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok justwant to make sure i correctly understand. No to (productivity center) but yes to client security solution, rescue and Recovery, P.C. Doctor Lenovo tool box, Lenovo thinkvantage toolbox, quick test and data disposable. And does it look like this Adi sound Max on board audio driver
windows vista-----------------27 aug 2007
v4aud12us17
-------------------------------------------------
windows xp,2000-------------24 aug 2007
Q4aud24us13
and i would click on the one with xp and click the highlight blue one. i think i only saw 1 that said productivity center then under neath it was client security ect..... sorry again just don't want to not mess up.

·
Trusted Advisor
85,516 Posts
Right-click MY COMPUTER, then click Properties - Hardware - Device Manager, then click the + in

Display Adapters

Network Adapters

Other devices

Sound Video And Game Controllers

Advise what's listed in each heading.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you do a clean install of XP Home, XP Professional, or XP Media Center Edition?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
607 Posts
Don't bother with anything below productivity centre, including security soloution etc.
don't bother downloading anything else onthe page below productivity centre.

Yes click on the Blue link beside all the drivers listed with Xp as thier operating system.
then click on the files themselves on the next pages also in blue to download them.

Download everything above productivity centre with Xp as the operating system except BIOS and install all the files, as i mentioned before, if the hardware is not there for the driver you are installing, the system will tell you so when you try and install it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok i looked there is no display adapter.
net work adapter shows red x and beside it says intel(R) PRO/1000PM.
other devices its all yellow questions mark for -? audio device on high definition
-?sm bus controller -? video-? video controller. under sound and video and games it shows 5 speakers 1. audio2.legacy audiodriver3.medis control4.video codecs does any of this make sense to you Flavallee

·
Trusted Advisor
85,516 Posts
ok i looked there is no display adapter.
net work adapter shows red x and beside it says intel(R) PRO/1000PM.
other devices its all yellow questions mark for -? audio device on high definition
-?sm bus controller -? video-? video controller. under sound and video and games it shows 5 speakers 1. audio2.legacy audiodriver3.medis control4.video codecs does any of this make sense to you Flavallee
If there's no Display Adapters heading, that means the driver for that device hasn't been installed yet and your computer is currently using the default VGA display mode. As long as it remains in that mode, the choices of resolution and color will be very limited.

If there's a red X next to the Intel PRO/1000PM entry in the Network Adapters heading, that means that device has been disabled. It needs to be re-enabled for it to work. This device is for a wired connection.

The entries in the Other Devices heading are for the sound device, display device, and sm bus device.

Double-click those entries to open their properties window, then click the "Details" tab, then select "Hardware Id".

There will be a string that has VEN_####&DEV_#### as part of the string.

Advise what the characters are that follow VEN_ and DEV_

Don't make any typos because those vendor codes and device codes are needed to identify the devices.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.