Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I recently purchased a Microsoft Wheelmouse Optical. It has been working great for about 1 month, UNTIL I started using it to play games. After about 30 mins of playing Quake it makes a weird noise then completely stops working. Can't the mouse handle games? Please help. Have I got a faulty mouse or are they just not designed to handle games? Please help.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
I still use a lint trapper 2000 mouse, but my friend uses his microsoft optical mouse for games all the time. He never had a problem. He has an atari emulator and plays kaboom all the time.

He uses the mouse to simulate the atari paddle. If you are familar with kaboom, you have 3 water basket that you have to move back-n-forth contstantly to catch the bombs.

He plays that game so much that he literally rubs through mouse pads. Anyways, lots of movement. lots.

So I don't see why the mouse couldn't handle games. However it could just be a lemon or some type of usb/serial problem. Or sensitivity settings could be out of range of the mouse's compatability.

·
Registered
9,520 Posts
atreides,are you talking about the cordless optical mouse?
if so,i had a similar problem just the other day,solved it with a defrag...........that simple.:rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.