Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever had the problem when opening a Microsoft Office word 2007 file on the desktop or elsewhere and then receive the message: "Windows cannot find C: (doc)Make sure you typed the name correctly and try again." Seems to be a compatibility issue with Vista and Microsoft office 2007. I have tried several ways and searched the web and found a few techniques. I have minimized the problem, but it still persists. Odd, because I just double-click on the file which is right in front of my nose. How can it not find the file?I need a solid solution. Thanks for your help!

·
Trusted Advisor
17,571 Posts
Are you clicking on a file or a old link to a file that has been deleted?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I am not clicking on to a deleted file. It is a file that exists on my desktop or in a folder. I just double-click on it and it is marked as a Microsoft word file. It may give me the error message once and then I have to close it. If I try it again, it may open without an error. There are times it will show the error message two or three times consecutively.:confused:

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Does this happen with more than one document? If its just the one, try getting it open, copy the content and paste it into a new document with a slightly altered name.

Raybro

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
About the only thought I have left is some association with some sort of malware. Unlikely, I agree, but have you done any scans? If you don't have them, I suggest Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware are excellent programs for the task. Both are free downloads. Also a virus scan. Kaspersky is an excellent online scanner.

Have you pulsed M$ about the compatibility question? Hard to imagine Office 2007 not being compatible with Vista, but who knows with M$.

Good Luck... Raybro

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry, busy for a couple of days working and then deep scanning and defrag. my system. It seemed to clear the problem. Your suggestion was a good one. I also recommend a-squared free for a very good deep scan. I found that I had two high risk back door trojans/worms hiding in my system. I recommend raybro's suggestion, if people are having similar problems. For now, the problem seems to be gone. I will get back to you, if it comes back again. Thanks a bunch!:up:

;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.