Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Imac SE, OS 9.2 with Entourage. Tiger is also installed( for about 2 months now), although I only use it to print photos.

Suddenly, when I press the receive all button, a message comes up will not open type 2 error. I can however receive my e-mail through my ISP.

What's my enourage problem & how do i fix?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I'm assuming you have sufficient RAM to run Entourage (if you're also able to run Tiger you should) and that you have allotted sufficient RAM to Entourage (there is no way for me to know this -- allocation of RAM is done through the Get Info window [click once on Entourage, press Command (Apple) and I, in the window that appears allocate at least as much RAM as is recommended, and if you have RAM to spare allocate more]).

That said, a Type 2 error is probably not occurring in Entourage. It is an address error for Finder.

So . . .

1. In the Extensions Manager disable all except: CarbonLib; Open Transport; Open Transport ASLM Modules; Shared Library Manage; Shared Library Manager PPC; USB Device Extension; USB Software Locator. I think this will get you to the desktop. It's been a long time since I've had to do anything like this, so a hefty grain of salt may be in order.

2. Go to: System Folder > Preferences > Microsoft. Delete this Microsoft Preferences folder.

3. Open Entourage. If memory serves, Entourage's self repair feature should install everything it needs to run on this stripped system.

4. Quit Entourage. Type 2 errors in Finder tend to be start-up file conflicts. Now you'll need to slowly add back in the System Extensions until you find the one causing the conflict.

I know, it sucks, and it's labor intensive, but this is the best way to find what's causing the problem(s).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.