Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok do u know the "start talking" button in the top corner of the new version of MSN? when i clicked on it it said in the MSN screen that my computer didn't have a sound card. I didn't notice this cause i turned off my speakers. when i turned it on, i couldn't hear any sounds. even when i play vidz on media player i can't hear sounds. i tried to look for my sound card but cant find it. plz help.
thnx.:D

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
take a look in control panel/system/device manager/ click on + Sounds, Video, Game Controlers... is there a sound card listed? If not is there anything in the list that has a ! next to it? Is this a new sound card? Has it worked before? If the drivers are there and seem happy check properties to make sure it wasn't disabled.

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
Try booting into Safe Mode, go to Device Manager, and delete all sound devices, Windows will rediscover them when you boot. To enter into Safe Mode depress and hold down the F8 key for Windows 95 or the Ctrl key for Windos 98/me. Have your Windows CD and any sound driver CD/disk handy, as they will be needed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.