Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

In my system to keep data consistent between switching tabs, I have a textbox I call. To populate a subform with the current record I link master fields 'txtMaterial' and this works. It populates the material number correctly from the corresponding record. However, I have 3 primary keys that need populated and I'm not sure what to type in the link master fields. So far I have tried txtMaterial;txtLocation;txtDelivery with child fields Material;Location;Delivery. However I get an error saying the setting you entered isn't valid for this property. Why does it work with one box, and not 3? If anyone knows a workaround I would be so appreciative thank you

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, if i try it with just two and not 3 I get the following error 'The expression is typed incorrectly, or it is too complex to be evaluated. For example, a numeric expression may contain too many complicated elements. Try simplifying the expression by assigning parts of the expression to variables."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.