Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm lookin' at a security log file in my event viewer. It shows an anonymous logon. The computer column says service tag [mine].

There's some unsavory-lookin' entries for the same minute in the 'system' log files too. :eek:

Got clue?

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The event properties file says 'USER: NT AUTHORITY/Anonymous logon. There's some description details, with data that means little to me.
Can images be loaded onto this forum?

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Yeah, there's a way to do it but I actually don't know how ;)

I just upload pics to a website I used and link em; I know there's an insert picture option though.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Hah... we can't see that picture without having to log into your e-mail I think... so either give everyone your e-mail password or upload the picture to a server that we can see it on.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Can't even see the file, it looks like you just sent the picture to your email and you're giving us a link to your inbox, which we can't access without a username and password.

You need to upload the file to a website that lets you have a direct link to it. Check out savefile.com

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
NO - You DON'T need a username and a password. I'm sure most of you know that webmail servers allot free storage space FOR ITEMS WITH THEIR OWN URL! All you need is for me to repost the file saved as a 24-bit Bitmap image instead of a Monochrome Bitmap image!

What a feeling - educating people who know alot more than you do!

Now - If you think you can HELP, instead of criticize (and maybe learn a tidbyte or two), I'll repost the log file. Otherwise, thanks anyway.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
TRS-80 vet said:
What a feeling - educating people who know alot more than you do!

Now - If you think you can HELP, instead of criticize (and maybe learn a tidbyte or two), I'll repost the log file. Otherwise, thanks anyway.

Yeah, this is probably the best way to get help here...

Before condescending to those whom your asking for help, make sure that you actually have a clue concerning what you're talking about..

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
sy2 said:
Yeah, this is probably the best way to get help here...

Before condescending to those whom your asking for help, make sure that you actually have a clue concerning what you're talking about..
Yeah - I guess you're right, sy2. One shouldn't be condescending when he asks for help, and gets more criticism than anything else, and no solution to the problem... :rolleyes: But I always say it's better to have to put up with [stuff], than to be [stuff].

Now, if anyone can HELP, here's the file. If you can't, save your electrons.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Proceeding to horde electrons.

EDIT: By the way, where is the criticism? From what I'm reading we just tried to explain how to upload your picture file so we could see it...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.