Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There, I have just created a hotmail account.
I had to create the account on my nephew's pc as I was unable to sign in via hotmail or messenger on MY pc.
I am unable to connect to messenger or Hotmail accounts from MY OWN pc, if I sign in from another pc its fine.
If I TRY to sign in to Hotmail on MY pc I just get re-directed to a search engine, and if I try to sign in to Messenger on MY pc I get an error message telling me that the password and sign in name are incorrect, I know they are ok of course because I can sign in via another pc.
I have tried temporarily disabling my firewall and anti virus software but this does not correct the problem.
Any help you can give would be much appreciated.

Regards......Ted

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I have tried signing in to hotmail.com but as I say it will not work on MY pc, on another its fine.
My main problem though is that I cant sign in to Messenger.

Cheers......Ted

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
The statement "get redirected to a search engine" indicates it all may be due to spyware. Scanning for and removing spyware is a good idea anyway and it may solve the problem.

If you haven't already, dwnload, install, immediately update and then run Spybot and/or Ad-Aware. Read the help files to familiarize yourself with how they work. I recommend you use them both since each tends to find things the other misses. Let them clean up any spyware found.

Then, to be doubly sure, download and run CWShredder.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.