Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 seperate columns for an address. One is the number portion of the address and the other is the Name if the street. I need these to be in the same column, how?

I did a search and the formula that was suggested did not work. Any suggestions would be great.

·
Registered
949 Posts
According to Microsoft, there is no way to retain the value or data other than in the "left hand cell".

I have often struggled with the same problem and tried lots of fixes but nothing works.

Just had to bite the bullet and retype the numbers into the second cell and then delete the numbers column when finished.

·
Registered
17,584 Posts
Temporarily recreate them in a second column.

If the Number portion is in A1 and the rest of the Address is in A2, the formula needed is:
=A1&" "&A2
That will concatenate the address with a space between (the " " in the formula).

Then select the new temporary concatenated column and Edit-Copy, place where you want it and Edit-Paste Special - Values. You can then delete the temporary column.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Kiwiguy knocked it out for you. Be aware if you forget to use the & all the time there is a concatenate() function that will throw in the right characters for you in the right place as well .

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will this formula work for Microsoft Works spreadsheet as well? Because it doesnt seem to be working.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
I am not quite sure of the capabilities of a works spreadsheet though sorry.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.