Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Stick of 128 meg SDRAM already inside my pc. When i tried to add a stick of 256 meg SDRAM into the slot. The BIOS said that it recognized the 128 stick was in the first slot, and the 256 stick was in the 2nd. But it only said that the 128 was actually working. :mad: So then I switched the sticks around thinking "maybe the 256 needs to be in the first slot?":confused: That did absolutely nothing to my advantage. The monitor wouldn't even turn on once i did that. So here i am with a 256 stick of SDRAM that I cannot get to work. Any suggestions on how I could get it to work?:)

Thanks,

Brendan

· Registered
12,105 Posts
Depending on how old your system is it might not support 256meg sticks. Some older motherboards are limited to 128meg sticks. Do you know your motherboard make and model or your system make and model.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have an NEC that I bought around 3-4 years ago:( It runs a 450 MHz PII Processor. The model is a "ready 9910" and i'm not sure about the motherboard. I'm not really sure on how i could tell what type it is either.

Thanks Again,

Brendan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.