Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have windows Me--Netscape 4.78---And I have McAlfee for detecting a virus--------Question---
If I click on McAlfee--------------- And then click on scan now---------I get a blank white page with parameter incorrect spelled out in upper left hand corner--------If I click on review updates that works ok--------Have you heard of this-------Should I be concerned-------And---Is this the best virus control on the market---Please advise-------Thanks as always

·
Super Moderator
37,798 Posts
Hiya

Are you trying this online or offline? Is this the icon in the tray near the clock and have you tried using Start | Programs?

If this is online, try clearing your Tempory internet Folder.

eddie

·
Registered
304 Posts
Know what "The Clinic" is?
& McAfee is a great antivirus program,...but if it came with your computer, it typically is only offered for a trial period free, then you must renew it with purchase,.....the "Clinic" offers many services which also expires ( many things for all sorts of computer-maintenance )
but I personally would get a $20 "Nortons-Antivirus" program...
(...way less playing around than McAfee,...takes care of everything itself, even updates, has everything you truely need, & saved my butt
now & then,... )
With McAfee,...you spend too much time at the Clinic,...

·
Registered
304 Posts
http://www.mcafee.com/myapps/clinic/default.asp

p.s.---another downfall about McAfee is that it slows your computer down,...on & off line,...trust me,...big improvement with Norton,...no renewals either,...& "Live-Update" feature has brought my original 2000 version to 2001 automatically,... it catches viruses & isolates them in a quarinteened area, alerts you, & has many options for dealing with them, including removal...I have also been told that it will protect much better than McAfee... & only $20----but remove McAfee if you install, they upset each other...

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
YOMADDOG-Thanks for your answer about virus scanners--------My 90 free days of McAlfee is about to run out---Can I buy Norton at any store such as Staples-or other discount stores? Do you happen to have a website for Norton?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Yes, you can buy Norton just about anywhere,...got mine @ Best-Buy...
All you need is the antivirus software,...there is other Norton software such as Utillities, Ghost, ect.,...but the antivirus is only about $20...

heres the site: http://www.symantec.com/nav/

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.