Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which software is better??

1. McAfee Total Proctection 2007
or
2. McAfee Enterprise 8.5i (for x86 and x64)
or
Is there another favorite of yours?

computer specs: 64 bit platform, P4 3.2 ghz HT, 1GB of RAM, 250 GB Seagate HD

On my newly homemade computer I got McAfee Enterprise 8.5i, and theres nothing to complain about, how they make the virus-scanning speed go so fast is beyond me. It scans avrg. 150 files/s, regardless of size. My dad just got Mcafee Total Protection 2007 on the old family computer, and I was just wondering if I should install MTP07. I prefer Enterprise, just cuz it sounds better lol, and if it says it can handle an Enterprise, why not a Enthuiast's Comp?? Anyway, forget about me, post your favorite protection, and why.

· Registered
5,961 Posts
McAfee has a bad reputation as a resource hog which may, or may not, be deserved. It does, however, obtain the same, or better, ratings at av-comparatives .org, as AVG does.

If you have a fairly modern computer it should be able to run a version of McAfee, unless you have a lot of other resource hungry programs running as well.

I have no axe to grind in this as I am a NOD32 user!

· Registered
3,893 Posts
i have mcafee only because i have a free year on the new computer. i will be glad to go back to avg 7.5 free. mcafee just takes over the system. i have 8 mcafee items on my startup menu.

· Retired Trusted Advisor
9,247 Posts
McAfee (and Norton) are both resource hogs. When I had McAfee it insisted on loading itself for each of five users logged on to my livingroom computer. Why it has to run 5X I have no idea, except it is crappy software. My current AV does not do that... it loads once for all users.

· Registered
4,620 Posts
twizzie said:
hm, i understand, you know u can get rid of them...WOW isn't there anyone who likes McAfee??? even tho it isnt on top
I like it better than NOrtON because it is easier to use but I use neither. I get F-Secure free with my ISP.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.