Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found out could not put XP hom edition over 98 SE.
So took HD from another machine formated and Put XP on it. Currently have two 40 Gig drives on my machine. What I want to do is transfer all my 98 info over to the XP drive. After I am satisfied that all is well with XP. Will then will reinstall the 98 HD back in 2nd computer.
How do I do it??
bob e

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
It can be done several ways.

Since you have the Win98 drive out of it's machine, you can just move the jumpers and put it in the WinXP box as a slave. You then transfer files with windows explorer.

You could also transfer the files between the two machines with the proper hard drive installed in each one. You would need a network card in each one and a CAT5 cable to connect them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But you can just transfer files is this not so, and not the program. For instance running Office 2000. I can transfer any files I have saved but can not transfer the Programs (Like Word etc.) is this correct?
thanks
bob e

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
But you can just transfer files is this not so, and not the program. For instance running Office 2000. I can transfer any files I have saved but can not transfer the Programs (Like Word etc.) is this correct?
thanks
bob e

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.