Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Microsoft Excel 2007
I’ve created a table telling me how many of a certain item I have in stock. The items are in two formats, i.e. X and Y. I have two buttons saying x and y. So, when something is sent out I need to record what format it went out in. Below my table I have another table of details of the sent item, there is a column in that table I label x or y, this is done by making the cell active and pressing either the x or y buttons. However, I would like a macro that when I mark a column with x or y using the buttons it will subtract 1 off my table to save me altering it manually.
I hope this makes sense.

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
So, when something is sent out I need to record what format it went out in.
This is your problem. Getting this to work would be easy, but your system is flawed. Do not base calculations or anything like that from your formats. BAD, BAD idea. Find a way to make your mark(s) through cell values. Formatting is for making sheets look good, not calculations.

Edit: Also, if you're using Excel 2007, why are you using a xls file format (97-2003)?
HTH

·
Registered
8,546 Posts
Sorry for not getting back yesterday, had an accident.

Basically, your overall design is not recommended. Having tables below other tables is a fundamental "don't" when it comes to design. Always have tables next to each other, with gaps between -- or better still, on separate sheets.

The old "click button to transfer data to master sheet" routine is easy. But I'm sure there's some confusion over what you referred to as "formats". You meant "styles" or "types", as in "small -- medium -- large", right?

You need 3 things:

1. A table for items received

2. A table for items allocated

3. An input form.

So check out the attached. As I said, the transfer data code is easy, but you need a method in place to make sure you have sufficient on-hand items to complete the transaction.

Click the "Update" button on the Input sheet and OK the message.

Now select C2 & choose one of the other items from the dropdown. Click "Update" again and OK the message, which you get because no "Widgets - medium" or "Widgets - large" have ever been received.

HTH

Zack said:
Also, if you're using Excel 2007, why are you using a xls file format (97-2003)?
So I can read it. :p :D

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.