Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like I am now unable to run Mbam. AVG resident shield pops up red warning it detected a backdoor trojan file name mbamcore.dll. It puts it in the virus vault. Anyone have any comments? I am running Mbam on another computer which uses antivir. No issue when I go to run it with any detections. Any comments and is anyone else experiencing this?

·
Trusted Advisor
85,517 Posts
Get rid of AVG 2011(10.0) or whatever version you're using and replace it with Microsoft Security Essentials 2.0.627.0.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am not using AVG 2011, I am using AVG 9.0.872. The only way I can reinstall it is to shut off AVG, then run Mbam, and then set that file as an exception. MS Essentials would be my next choice if needed. Thanks for comments.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm having the same issues. The files are mbamnet.dll and mbamcore.dll

I have added them to the allow list in the resident shield on AVG (which stops it from popping up and asking me to remove), and I have also added them to the PUP exceptions, however whenever you scan the computer, these files still show up as a threat on the scan. Pretty annoying.

Regardless, since adding them to the allowed lists, I have had zero problems running Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, so we'll see if that holds up or not. I (and many others) have notified AVG of the files that are incorrectly marked as infected. Hopefully they will have an update out soon that fixes this issue.

BTW, I'm using AVG 2011 free edition.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just download the latest AVG update (426/3336), ran a scan and it did not pinpoint those files as infected any longer. In other words, update your AVG definitions now, and the problem should be solved.

Merry Christmas.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.