Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a registry entry or file that saves the window position, size and view of my folders. I have over 200 cds and they are all viewed in a folder of particular size in details view with just name and duration columns. I often get a new hard drive to accomadate my growing music archive and re-install windows. Whenever this occurs the folder views all reset. This as you can imagine is a major pain in the ***. All the folders are subfolders of one main directory. What can i do to make the settings of these folders PERMENANT... possibly a reg entry that i can save and run to put all the settings back.. or a file the remmebers all the settings. This information has to be saved somewhere, i just need to know where. Someone please help... Thank You

·
Registered
21,334 Posts
Where do you see a duration heading? You must be referring to a window for an external application. What file format are your CD's in? Need some more information and specifics...maybe even a screenshot

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im running windows XP, perhaps that is where the duration heading is from. All of my cds are in MP3 format. I attached a screenshot of my desktop and the windows of which i wish to make the views permenant. Once again Im looking for something along the lines of the file or reg entry that saves windows view settings, this way perhaps when i reinstall or anything like that i can put all the settings back to the way i like them, either by importing registry information or perhaps using some sort of file. Thanks again...

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.