Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know from personal experience of a program that I can use to make my own backgrounds ? What I am wanting to do to be more specific is paste my own pics onto the background but be able to make them lighter(transparent) I guess so that naturally I can type words onto the background.

The intent here is to be able to make backgrounds for my homepage.

As always I turn to the people who know the most.

thanks guys

Cobra :up:

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Assuming you're referring to the desktop wallpaper/background....it's just a picture, usually in either .bmp or .jpg format. You can make any picture into wallpaper by opening it in any decent graphics editing program, manipulating and editing it however you like and saving it as either a .bmp or .jpg (although using a .jpg as wallpaper usually means you have to enable Active Desktop, which has problems of its own).

Adding text to a picture is the function of the "text tool" found in most graphics programs. Paint, which comes with Windows will do what you want, including adding text. It's found in the Start Menu under Accessories.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I should have been more specific. I am talking about making backgrounds for a web page.

Sorry

Cobra

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry Miz, I should have been even more clear when I made this post. I guess that where you live depends on how many hits you get back from a web search. I typed into google the same thing you did and I only got 1,890,000 results.

I have been around long enough to know how to do a search, what I was looking for is if anyone here has personal experience using a specific program.

Thanks for being the only one to respond so far.

Cobra

·
Registered
379 Posts
two excellent programs that you can use to do what you want are Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator. I do graphic design and have a large amount of personal experience. I would recomend them to anyone because of their ease of use and functions. You can make pictures transparent, lighten them up, add text- You name it, it can probably be done. They're kinda expensive though. Another good program from what I"ve heard is called The Gimp. It was originaly created for Linux systems, but it's been ported to Windows. Hope this helps!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.