Tech Support Guy banner
1021 - 1034 of 1034 Posts

·
Super Moderator
80,081 Posts
Hate to say it but the same team that has the all-time record for regular season wins is the only team that has never been to the WS.

I remember I was out washing my car with the game on when the Yanks bounced them in 2001. My wife was alert enough to leave me alone for a few days lol.

·
Super Moderator
13,157 Posts
I gotta say congrats to the Houston Astros for their win over the NY Yankees. That's quite an achievement sweeping a really good team like that so deep in the playoffs.

·
Super Moderator
80,081 Posts
Three universal laws about baseball; the DH rule is an abomination in the eyes of God, the shift is a natural defensive progression, and the Houston Astros are cheaters.

• Haha
Reactions: Drabdr

·
Super Moderator
80,081 Posts
Second in WS history...I had goose bumps! And damn straight, after 7 I was all over pulling for it. Game was over, and this was in reach. It was pretty cool to see history made.

I love this game. :)

·
Super Moderator
13,157 Posts
Second in WS history...I had goose bumps! And damn straight, after 7 I was all over pulling for it. Game was over, and this was in reach. It was pretty cool to see history made.

I love this game. :)
Why did they pull the original pitcher? I know... everything is analytics and stuff. But... a no hitter is a pretty grand thing in baseball. They should have given him the chance to win it all.

Reactions: valis

·
Super Moderator
80,081 Posts
I dunno...Javier isnt known as an innings-chewer, so Dusty may have just gone to schedule. Whatever, it most certainly worked.

I think if it was Verlander, je would have left him as he IS an innings eater (save for game 1, obv)

1021 - 1034 of 1034 Posts