Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

i am having a huge problem with my computer. first of all, it will not installing anything new. for some reason it cannot find the right drivers for it. I am using a PIII with Win XP Pro w/ SP2. i did windows update any everything and that still did not fix the problem. I got a flash drive on the 24th of November and it did not install it. it said that driver could not be found. i tried a joy stick i had and that did not work either. also, I have nero and the feature called ImageDrive. it can't even install the virtual drive. it worked before. any hardware i had installed before still works. just nothing new. if anybody has any solutions, please help me.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
MMJ said:
I would recommend a format (takes 1/2 hour for me), but that would probably be harder for you. :)
1. I definitely wouldn't format yet! You at least want to diagnose the problem and it could be a tiny simple thing!
2. What's so :) y about his format being harder than yours?

·
Banned
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
this problem started on 24th november. anytime i plug anything in to my computer, it detects it but it does not install it. I realized something is wrong because it worked before. but that same hardware does not install anymore.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Hola do you still have yur original xp cd? The insert that original cd and from the command prompt run this sfc /scannow it will replace any damaged system files :D

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
MsPam313 said:
I have a Dell DImension 3000 and went to boot it up a few weeks ago and it said that some sort of windows 32 file was missing. It says to try and reload Windows....well, that's a joke! LOL!! I can't get it to read the disc nor do any of the things it says to do, work. I have a system restoration disc, but there is no prompt to get it to read it and reload windows. I am at a loss. Essectially, I am starting with a total system crash, I think and don;t know what to do from there. Also, how to do you get these Dells taken apart to clean them out. Mine is visibly dirty inside, but I can't get the shell off come heck or high water. I really need some experience here. I can get to BIOS and all, but it does nothing from there.

Thanks!
Pam:)
I bet someone will help you if you start a new thread but for now I'll ask a moderator to turn your post into a new thread over in NT/2k/XP. Next time you can go to the place you want your question and then click the orange New Thread button at the top.

·
Banned
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ferrija1 said:
I bet someone will help you if you start a new thread but for now I'll ask a moderator to turn your post into a new thread over in NT/2k/XP. Next time you can go to the place you want your question and then click the orange New Thread button at the top.
all right... thanks :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
ferrija1 said:
Thank you! I will try that next time. In the mean time, I have worked on that Dell ALL DAY. Finally got it load Windows...have no idea how...then AOL, then after all lokked good, it will not under any of my cursing or trying, recognize a modem....so I gave up! LOL!!

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
MsPam313 said:
Thank you! I will try that next time. In the mean time, I have worked on that Dell ALL DAY. Finally got it load Windows...have no idea how...then AOL, then after all lokked good, it will not under any of my cursing or trying, recognize a modem....so I gave up! LOL!!

Your thread is at http://forums.techguy.org/windows-nt-2000-xp/530172-windows-xp-croaked.html

Please post there as the main problem of this thread is not fixed.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.