Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I've been having BSOD problems for a while now, just now it's taken me four restarts to log into windows (blue screen during/just after windows xp logo loads up).

The message frequently quotes the driver_irql_not_less_or_equal message and *sometimes* (normally doesn't) names a file (atapi.sys for example and others). Although I've had other BSOD (something about page files).

The only hardware I recently installed was a new 512mb stick of RAM since one of the old sticks (I had 2 256mb ones) failed and the new stick runs under a different speed (333Mhz) whereas the two older ones were at 400Mhz so they couldn't run together.

Please help me. :confused:

·
Registered
22,466 Posts
The ram is probably your issue as that is not how you add ram....you need to match density, cas latency and ecc factor, then speed. Using same mfgr, model and speed seldom even works so the best way it so got to sites such as www.crucia, kingston or corsair.com and put in your pc model or motherboard model and then purchase the exact model numbers suggested only.
But in any case you need to give us the entire message as well.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The previous RAM used has been taken completely off...

Anyway, I just got two new blue screen messages:

1. A driver corrupted pool memory used for holding pages destined for disk.

2. PFN_LIST_CORRUPT 0X0000004E (0X0000008F 0X0000F74C 0X0000F744 0X00000000)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.