Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help,I have a Emachine The frist problem no power to the fan on the cpu. Iconnected the fan directly to the power supply and it worked. I rplaced the cpu and the fan upgrading to a 1.3 celeron from a 1.2 the 1.3 was less money then the 1.2 I stll had the same problem . I put a new power supply and the machine starts fan runs for 10-15 sec. and everything shuts down . I reset by unplgging the power supply and try again same thing. I took out all memoery and I got some beeps but machine sht down after 10-15 sec. I disconnected the hard drive and all other hardware and same problem. Help. Thanks Willie

·
Registered
17,584 Posts
Have you correctly applied thermal transfer paste to the heat sink on the CPU, and ensured the heatsink is correctly mated with the CPU die?

It sounds like a thermal shutdown due to overheating.

·
Premium Member
52,926 Posts
Sounds like your motherboard is faulty. If the CPU fan does not work while connected to the motherboard but it does when its conencted to the powersupply then the motherboard isn't supplying the right voltages or its dead. It could also be sensing that the CPU fan is not spinning or not connected and shutting down. Do you even see anything on the screen for the 10 seconds its on? Try Clearing the CMOS by using the CLEAR CMOS jumper or by pulling out the battery fior a few minutes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.