Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had a macbook 2.0GHtz 1 GB RAM for about a month ago, pricy but worth it.

One thing that is bothering me thought.

I have some home movies burned to DVD+R/W that I wanted to edit in Imovie. I put the disc in the Superdrive and it won't even read it, the disc works fine in my DVD player.

I've heard that Mac's won't read DVD-R's because of piracy issues but is there a way around this, or is there a problem that I'm not aware of?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Fabiogump said:
I have some home movies burned to DVD+R/W that I wanted to edit in Imovie. I put the disc in the Superdrive and it won't even read it, the disc works fine in my DVD player.
The drives, in my experience, are quite picky, and will balk at many things that other players/drives will not think twice about. Make sure the disc has no scratches, and is free from any form of smudges, fingerprints, etc.

Fabiogump said:
I've heard that Mac's won't read DVD-R's because of piracy issues but is there a way around this, or is there a problem that I'm not aware of?
This is untrue. For quite a long time the only discs that Mac could burn were DVD-Rs. I've never had any problem reading them, and I've been using DVD drives for as long as they've been available on Mac OS machines.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Fabiogump said:
last session closed? yes

have a DVD recorder, no software involved
Hmmm, strange.
Are your media all the from the same vendor?

I would check the OS X logs and see if there is any clue in there.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Fabiogump said:
had a macbook 2.0GHtz 1 GB RAM for about a month ago, pricy but worth it.
Hi there -

Am I understanding you correctly that this Macbook is brand new?

If so, I would totally take advantage of your warranty and call Apple's tech support. You have 90 days free phone support with your 1 year full warranty. 1-800-275-2273.

Just a suggestion. Good luck. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.