Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, to the people who have helped so far , many thanks, still having sames issues however. Goal: to wipe out all info on c drive, re-load the 3 recovery disks that came with my comp. tasks attempted: made a boot floppy form bootdisk.com {win98se} followed promts on floppy as it was running durring a re-boot of the computer, at A:> i typed format c:, all went well, "said" it dumped all info, asked me first.....yes...put in my fist of 3 cds to restore---went through its paces, then the second disk, and than as usual, i would not take the 3rd, said " go ahead and remove your disk, your done, now re boot. did that, went back in and checked c drive, and its still maxed. Im to assume the boot-disk/floppy did NOT dump my c drive. Using fdisk, i attempted to format the drive 1st before the above tasks. I guess i need to be spoon-fed here by someone who might have the patience to start fresh with a fdisk format 1st { and i did download from bob's recommendation a generalized fdisk format procedure and printed it }, then perhaps a good bootdisk/floppy, if i indeed need one, then tell me why 2 of the 3 cds are only accepted when i restore. Keep in mind in a novice, this is like planet Jupiter to me.....lol. thanks again to all, appreciate the help { kevin }

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.