Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have lots of XP problems:

Can't open My computer from the desktop, the computer just locks up whilst attempting to open it, showing me the animated torch, saying it is looking for files.

The computer is running really slow, locking up and crashing programs for no apparent reason.

Cant access the drop down box (shortcut key F4) in windows explorer/applications/anywhere.

Internet explorer refuses to do anything if I type a web address without the http:// into the address box. It worked before, but now it isn't for some reason.

Finally, when I restart windows, it locks up for anything up to 5 minutes when it comes back up. The windows bar with the start button on, when I pass my mouse over it, the pointer turns to an hourglass and I am unable to do anything unti it sorts itself out.

I have tried running several anti virus programs, including AVG, Mcafee and Norton. Only AVG came up with a virus, 'Dialler'. I cleared this and it didn't make any difference. I alos tried system restore from several points, but each time it told me that it was unable to restore.

If ANYONE can give me any help at all, I would be extremely grateful.

Yours,

Wayne Donnelly.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Your problem sounds extensive and if I were in your shoes, I would start over, perhaps this time with Windows2000 Pro. Even Win98 sounds better than what you have.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.