Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just lost my secondary harddrive, I was running several different programs, then I tried to delete a file I got an error that the file was corrupted. The drive is a 160 Gig Maxtor set as slave (E:) on the 2nd IDE channel with a Pioneer Burner (D:), the Burner shows up fine. I tried a system restore to a point yesterday but it says it won't apply to E:, because it was not enabled. When I go into Device Manager it says the drive is functioning, in the properties under volumes I click populate and nothing shows up (no partiotions), it also says I have 160 gigs unallocated, I know there is atleast 50 Gigs of stuff on it, do you think my partitions are messed up and if so how can I fix this without loosing data, I am running XP pro, and I have several utilities including Partition Magic if this will help, thanks

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am running the program now does it do anything partition magic does not?, does this sound like a partition problem? I ran chkdsk and the drive still doesn't show up, thanks for the fast respond :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.