Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on AOL and typing an email reply. I guess I took too long and the system signed me off and shut down. The email reply went into a temp file. Now I can't open it. I've tried changing the extension and usingWord and WordPerfect and WordPro to no avail. It took me an hour to type this reply. Any ideas on how I can open this temp file and copy it to a new reply? When it opens now it's all coded boxes, etc. Help?! Thank you. :(

·
Super Moderator
37,519 Posts
Hiya and welcome

What is the file extension of this email? Is it .tmp?

You may be able to view it this way. When you rightclick do you just have the option Open?

If so, then hold the Shift key down and rightclick. You should get Open With....

In the list, look for wordpad. Ensure that the box Always open files of this type..... is NOT ticked.

Then, see if you can read it. If not, keep trying some other programs.

It may be lost forever, though.

Regards

eddie

·
Registered
482 Posts
You can also try doing a File/Open, in AOL, or check under Mail Center, Mail Waiting to Be Sent.

If it opens with File/Open, it will be in a text window you'll have to copy and paste into a new email.

If it is sitting in Main Waiting to be Sent, you can click Edit to continue writing, or Send to send the mail immediately.

Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.