Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if ya'll can help or might have any suggestions but here goes, earlier tonight my DSL went kapoot. I thought at first it was my ISP but after calling a friend of mine and finding out they still had service, I think it's just something with me. I have resetting the dsl modem, rebooting, rebooting the computer. Any other suggestions I might could try?

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
If you are not getting a steady data/carrier light on the DSL modem, it's probably time to call your ISP. DSL is an individual home-run to the Telco CO for each customer, so the fact that a friend has service has no bearing on your service.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right, what I reffering to is our phone company had to put in a switch station to strictly for us so we could get DSL were I live cause we lived tofar away from the other. So when I said i thought it was my ISP until I spoke with a friend, is I had thought maybe something happened on their end. In which is still might be something of that.

All the lights on the DSL modem that are suppose to be on, are. There is 1 light that flashes while sending or recieving info that flashes a little then quits, flashes then quits. Which I think like you had said, probably time to call my ISP. Was just wondering last night if someone might have another suggestion for me to try.

Thanks

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am connected through a router. The modem connects to the router then the router to my pc. But I had even tried bypassing the router and connecting the modem straight to the pc and had the same results.

I called my ISP and they "claimed" that they don;t know what caused me to lose connection in the first place but since I had reset the modem then I would need to bring it in to them so they could reprogram it. All though a tech person from my ISP had me do that once before and I never had to take it in to get reprogramed, so not sure why I did this time.

Got back home and it's hooked up and working now. So will wait and see.

Thanks for the helpy guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.