·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help again please!

downloaded a game (which didn't work) and after that lost
a lot of the colour from my wallpaper (the blue part) and also
from the taskbar, dial-up internet access square (which were
grey and have now gone white) and even the green from the start-up screen has gone pale. ###this sounds stupid###
programs etc seem to be okay - right colour - but even when I've gone to the internet to re-download wallpaper it's still not the
right colour. Tried changing colour settings - true colour, 256 colours etc but made no difference. My task bar is now white (and thus invisible) on a white page. What can I do? (I hate computers!)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Maybe try the ScanReg /Restore thing.
If you don't know how...Post back.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had a similar scary event the other day. Except it looks like you lost the blue, as I lost the red. I shut down my computer disconnected the monitor from the back of the computer, and then reconnected it. Turned the computer back on and it was ok again.
I don't know why this happened. But here are a couple of my thoughts.
All color that you see on your monitor is made up from 3 colors Red, Green, Blue (RGB) so I imagine it was something from either the monitor or the video card. Didn't find an explanation anywhere yet.

BTW I hooked up the monitor to an older computer and it worked fine, but then again it worked when I plugged it back into this one, so there's nothing. :confused:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:) Thanks heaps for your replies guys. After a very frustrating night trying everything, somehow I got into advanced colour display - somewhere!..couldn't do it again if I tried..and moved a pointer a fraction...and all came good. I didn't know that running some program could alter all your settings..and I hate to touch these things in case I can't get back to where it was. But its nice to know that there's people out there that care to help. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.