·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was not one of my better moments!! I got a message saying that my main
drive was low on space and to delete some programs. Usually I am very careful
about such matters, but this time, obviously I WASN'T!!! I went into START and
then ALL PROGRAMS and found what I thought was just Real Audio software that I
could re-install later. Anyway, to get to the point, after having uninstalled at least one
program, I had a lot of static on my speakers, but no actual sound. Would the
elimination of those programs cause this to happen, or would it be just a
co-incidence, and something else is the culprit??? Every time I try to play any
audio the message comes up that "The sound device has been deleted? How do I
get the sound device back?

By the way, I looked under START, System, System prop., hardware, device manager and sound, video and to game controllers I clicked on the properties of each one and they are all working!

·
Gone but Never Forgotten
17,735 Posts
Hi,
[Moderator Note> Might end up moving your thread to our Hardware forum, but if some mangled software is involved, then perhaps you might get better help right here, so will let it alone for a bit and see what happens.]

Are you sure you uninstalled something from Start>All Programs area....and, if you were there, did you click on a program's Uninstall button, and actually see a window with an uninstall routine working?

I think you uninstalled or deleted "RealTek Audio" if so , that was the drivers for your sound system...don't worry it is fixable. My system uses RealTek but there is NO program entry in All Programs, however there is in the Add/Remove Programs area in the Control Panel!

Please post what name of sound devices are located in your Device Manager> Sound, video, area.

I will recognize the correct sound device IF it still shows there, and I should be able to help you reinstall it.

Also, if you could post the brand, and exact model, of the PC you have that would help....

If it was a custom made PC that does not have a specific brand, such as Dell, HP, IBM etc, do you know the motherboard make and model by any chance? Post that if you can.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ASUS Probe 2 V2.23.02
RealTek Audio is what I deleted, if I remember correctly. My computer was custom-made but the motherboard was a ASUS Proactive Ai Series with the number P5S800-VM.
Under the volume in sound and audio devices properties it says that there is no audio device.
Realtek RTL8139/810x Fast Ethernet NIC Driver Setup is listed in ADD & REMOVE PROGRAMS
I hope that some of this info is of help.
Thank you very much.
Patience9037

·
Registered
8,711 Posts
Did your computer come with a motherboard CD? Your audio drivers will be on there. If not you can get them from here. Pick your version of windows. The file needs to be unzipped when you get it - right click the file, extract all, and somewhere in there should be a setup file to install them.
http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

Don't touch that realtek listing in add/remove programs. That's something completely different.

·
Gone but Never Forgotten
17,735 Posts
hi Patience9037- advice for you:

Thought I would copy this to your original thread- when you go a day or sometimes, less, with no one posting anything to a thread, it usually will sink back a few pages...you can always find your thread by:

1. looking back page by page,

2.from your last email with a notification

3.By using the My Account button after you are signed in and looking at "List Subscriptions

There are couple more ways, too.

It just helps if you post replies to the same thread.

You opened a New Thread and posted:

Patience9037 said:
Hi Moby,
I just wanted to let you know that I found the software that I needed on my Motherboard disk and installed it. Everything is No. 1 now. Thanks a million for your help.

In the near future I hope to be able to make a contribution to your bottom line. You do great work.

Thanks again.
Patience9037
I'm glad you got it reinstalled. Also, I will take care of the new thread you opened, no need for you to do anything.

·
Registered
8,711 Posts
Thanks Byteman. As another example of why posting in the same thread is good, I wouldn't have seen Patience9037's thanks if you hadn't posted them above.
So thanks for your thanks too Patience.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.