Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi

i am losing files from my computer. only picture and video files. once i save a file off the internet it usually lasts a few days on my hard drive and then disappears. i have used windows 98 and currently use 2000 and have the same problem. have tried an external hard drive and saved the file and then disconnected the usb cable and the same thing happens next time i connect it. have formatted hdd a couple of times and problem reoccured both times.

please help :up:

thanks

·
Registered
310 Posts
Howdy scorpiongh80
I am wondering are you saving to a specific folder created for your picture and video files in say, My Documents or just to the main drive? Or are the pics staying in a temporary internet file?
Regards Paula :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Almost sounds like a virus, but lets not come to false conclusions. First off, open My Computer, right click on your hard drive, select properties, click the tools tab, in the "Error Checking" box, click "Check Now...," in the pop up box check off both boxes, select "Yes" to allow the computer to restart, and it'll run.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.