Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I havn't had this problem in the past but now i do. I'm using a linksys wireless b adapter to connect to the wireless router/gateway. So while i'm using the internet all of a sudden my "wireless connection is unavailable". So i go into network connections and right click my wireless connection and "disable". Once Its disabled i right click and enable it agn. Wala - i'm connected again. Then it happens again and i restart the process again. Is there any reason why this is happenning. I have also another computer and laptop that access the network wirelessly for a total of 3 connections.

Does anyone else have this nagging problem. Any answers will help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From Microsoft's site:

If you are running the Microsoft® Windows® XP operating system with Service Pack 1 (SP1), you might lose connection to your wireless network every 3 to 5 minutes. This can be caused by incorrect wireless network security settings. To solve this problem, you need to disable 802.1x authentication on your wireless network, as described below.

---------
To disable 802.1x authentication in Windows XP
Click Start, point to Connect To, click Show all connections, and then double-click your wireless network.
On the General tab, click Properties.
Click the Wireless Networks tab.
Under Preferred Networks, click your home network, and then click Properties.
Click the Authentication tab, and then click to clear the Enable IEEE 802.1x authentication for this network check box, if it is selected. If you cannot click this check box, then you are not using 802.1x authentication or wireless security.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.