Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Win2K Domain Controller with a Win2k Member Server set up in my domain. I have a user who is running WinNT 4.0 on his workstation. He has a user id and his computer account has been set up on the Domain Controller. When going through Network Neighborhood he cannot get to the Member Server, but he can get to the Domain Controller. When he tries to connect to the Member Server he receives the following message:

\\ServerName is not accessible.
Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer.

He has been able to get to this server in the past and nothing has been changed, he seems to be the only person having this problem. Any help appreciated. TIA

·
Registered
18 Posts
I know that this might sound stupid....

Have you checked to see if he has a user account on that server? A member server is not part of the domain, so he is going to have to have rights to it. No?

I will see what I can find on the net for you....

Hope it helps.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We had a problem like this when we first starting using NT, we have some people who log directly on to the domain and therefore have no problem getting to any system on the domain even the member servers. But we also have some who remain in a workgroup and do not log on to the domain. Generally what happens with them is when they go through Network Neighborhood and try to access a Member Server it will prompt them for a user name and password, if they enter their user id in the following way they can then access the Member server:

User name would be entered as <domainname>\<username>

What is happening this time is that he is not even getting prompted for user name and password, as soon as he clicks on the Member Server he is getting the error message.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.