Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a desktop wallpaper which is locked in and I can't change it. I go through the changing process and nothing works. I even deleted it, and it still appears. It is something that I would like very much to get rid of.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Are you using Linux? If so, what distribution and version # ?
When you start your computer and after you log in, what do you see when the desktop appears? If you run KDE, there should be a window telling you what version.
How have you been trying to get rid of this wallpaper?
lynch

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am using Windows XP Home edition. When I start my computer and log in, what I see when the desktop appears is the desktop that I want to get rid of, along with shortcut icons overlaying the wallpaper. I do not run KDE. I try to get rid of the wallpaper by going to control panel, then display, then wallpaper and then selecting a different wallpaper. It accepts this but does not display what I select but displays the wallpaper that I want to get rid of. Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Originally posted by nanchar:
I have a desktop wallpaper which is locked in and I can't change it. I go through the changing process and nothing works. I even deleted it, and it still appears. It is something that I would like very much to get rid of.
i think you have posted to the wrong forum....repost this in the Windows forums...:)

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Originally posted by nanchar:
Do you have Active Desktop enabled ?

·
Banned
8,372 Posts
Originally posted by utanja:
i think you have posted to the wrong forum....repost this in the Windows forums...:)
please don't tell people to repost...it is best to click the report button and request it be moved

thanks...

buck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.