Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
got a problem! Pretty sure a friend of mine ended up entering a password to a pop-up which was probably a virus! He hasn't been able to log in to Windows (Vista) since. I backed up his hard drive and I could just reformat but he uses AOL for work and needs the folders he created in his account (and they are not in the AOL folder in program files); he can log into AOL email on a different computer and see most of his mail but the business folders he created are not there(they are seen on the computer he created AOL on but can't get into windows on that one). I've removed 30+ viruses on his hard drive and ran [name removed by mod] on it and it doesn't find the password. Any idea's on how to either find the password (he didn't create a password reset disk) or get his folders from AOL?

·
Super Moderator
82,234 Posts
Per the rule on passwords technically I should close this thread. So, please, let's forget the password part and concentrate on file recovery.

If "the business folders he created" are only on that computer, can't they be copied to another computer? Or is it an issue of the folders being only on an AOL server, but can be accessed only from the creating computer? Or is this another password issue, where the (special AOL) password is stored on the computer but the owner does not know it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.