Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey love the new format! My Office XP isn't letting me access any of My Documents. The error message says:
"This Command is not available because the document is locked for edit."

I've checked and the files are not Read Only. I've also deleted the temporary files in the My Documents folder. Not sure what else to try. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Good Grief!
I did what you suggest just out of curiousity and sure a bunch there. I just got this computer and new software, it appears that some of the folders are from that install. Should I REALLY delete all those even tho they are "temps"?

Take up a lot of space, I know.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, sorry it took me a while to try that last suggestion. I ran %temp% and deleted all the files I could, but Microsoft Documents are still locked for editing. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
22,468 Posts
Have you activated your Office product?

"This issue occurs when Microsoft Office has not been activated or the issue occurs after the Office program has been activated, and then the program has not been closed. Without activation, Office programs operate in Reduced Functionality mode and exhibit this behavior. "

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;316032&

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.