Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Infrequently, at power on and forgetting to remove disk from previous day's operation, the computer locks up at the black screen and error "non-program disk...remove disk and press any key, etc". This is new computer, Compaq 5080US, 800MH 128mb, WinME. Old computer never did this! :confused:

·
Registered
21,334 Posts
Solution: Take disks out of the drive before you go home!! Otherwise go into the BIOS and change the boot order so it does not look for A: as a boot device.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where does it say one has to remember everything? Kinko has the same problem with us guys leaving originals in the copy machine. Many thanks! Why is everything so simple?

If the issue is the boot order then it might be best to set my F (Zip250) drive as first since that is where my rescue disk will be. OK?

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
If the issue is the boot order then it might be best to set my F (Zip250) drive as first since that is where my rescue disk will be. OK?

Interesting question. Yes, if the ZIP250 drive and Rescue disk are bootable. I recommend you try it and see if it boots. I would like to know how you make out. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.