Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think this is something relative to an msn messenger service that was downloaded into this one and not properly removed....

.......at any rate it wants to call home at least that's what Z/A tells me on boot up.

I just looked at msconfig and see it's there as LoadQM....I just unchecked it.

Can I just file find the thing and delete it?

DS

·
Registered
11,584 Posts
DS
The query manager is used for messenger. At this point I wouldn't delete it since you do not know if it may be called by something else. Why not change it to loadqm.old and see if any errors occur in the future. Disabling it in startup should prevent any use. Most loadqm.exe are located in the C:\windows folder
Dave

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dave,

Thanks man, that's what I needed to know.

I was actually thinking I'd have to download the msn messenger and then go thru the proper removal procedure and if I recall that involves someting with right clicking on the messanger icon (that is not in this one)

There is a trail of msn messenger junk that goes from here to your house and half way back......someone already did the rename to loadqm.old. I think I know how to take it out of here.

Ill post back.......

thanx again

DS

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.