Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When in IE 6, I cannot open additional windows, meaning that if I try to fill out a form or try to download something, which requires a secondary window to open up, it will not. Actually, the window will open on the screen, but will not load. It is very frustrating. Many operations are not possible now because of this. Is this a virus-like symptom? Is there some sort of setting I can change? I just got a cable internet connection and my old dial-up servicve provider still has logos all up by my address bar. Could there be some sort of conflict arising there? I would appreciate any help! Thanks for your attention!!!!!!:D

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
You are using a popup stopper aren't you... if so disable it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thansk for the reply, actually I did install a pop-up stopping program today to try and get rid of an annoying pop-up ad that kept crashing IE6, but my window problem existed prior to that. Any other suggestions???? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
37,527 Posts
Hiya

I was going to suggest a repair, but you're using IE6. We could look at your defaults, as it seems to be a Java issue.

Tools | Internet Options. Security tab, Custome Level. Reset. Yes.

Also, lets clean out the temp files. Same place, but General tab, Under Delete Files, delete offline content.

The popup program may still be running, so lets have a look. Go to Run and type MSINFO32. If you get an error, Programs | Accessories | System Tools | System Information.
On the left choose Software Enviroment, then Startup Programs. Copy/paste the list here.

You may want to run a virus scan as well, just in case:

http://housecall.antivirus.com/housecall/start_corp.asp

Regards

eddie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.