Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well now.Aint this a special little error!
Okay. I've looked for two weeks an still can't find any info. on this here problem. Can you all help?
My other harddrive took a poop on me with its O\S.and now I get this good ole error message. (Load needed DLL for kernel).
Here is what I have. WinXP-SP2 on a Western-Digital HD with Nortons Anti-virus and a restore program called Goback<also from Nortons.
I have irreplaceable info on this Drive and I can't just simply reformat the Drive.
Also if I hook it up as a slave, it is not recognized by the master but it is recognized in the BIOS.
Any help ? ? ?
Oh yeah, I have no other special software installed on comp.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay.
I've followed the link that EvileYe gave me and then followed the dirctions on that web page.
The problem with that course of action is after I press enter to do a inplace install, I get the following message.
(windows XP cannot recognize the partition you selected.
Setup cannot install windows XP on this partition, Go back to the previous screen and delete the partition, then select the resulting unpartitioned space.
Setup will then create a new partition on which you can install windows XP.)
So what i see is... I cannot use this option.{Deleting the partition or reformating is NOT an option.Sorry! ! !}Also... at this point I'm really not worried about getting the O\S up and running as much as I'd rather just be able to read it as a slave from a master so that I can copy the important stuff off of it, then I wouldn't be afraid of loosing any other info.
When I do the console recovery method by using the dir command I see that all info is still there. Can anyone tell me how to get the master to read the slave?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.