Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have been thinking about dual booting my main system with linux and windows, and i have heard horror stories of missing files and the like, and i was just wondering if anyone had any insight into this matter, i figure what i will do is buy another hard drive and put linux on their and not put any files cross platform, just let me know what you guyhs think or any advice you can give me when i dual boot my system...Windows XP, Red Hat Linux 9 just as reference.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Originally posted by Zeragrin:
Ok so I have been thinking about dual booting my main system with linux and windows, and i have heard horror stories of missing files and the like, and i was just wondering if anyone had any insight into this matter, i figure what i will do is buy another hard drive and put linux on their and not put any files cross platform, just let me know what you guyhs think or any advice you can give me when i dual boot my system...Windows XP, Red Hat Linux 9 just as reference.
i dual boot RH9 and XP ....no problems...but if you feel safer..drives are inexpensive ...purchase a second drive and you will be fine:)

·
Registered
312 Posts
ah...yes......in my case my orginal configuration was as follows

c: =55GIg(NTFS)
d:=55 gig(NTFS) but nor Ext3 and swap
e:= 6gig (XP recovery image)

i guess in my case was not a problem.....:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.