Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am trying to set up my on demand for directv satellite using a linksys bridge device. However, the bottom light just keeps blinking and after hooking it up all i get is an error saying that the internet is not recognized. I have configured the bridge, i thought. i must be doing something wrong. can anyone give me a step by step setup on doing this? my network is working because my laptop is fine running wirelessly.

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
Linksys bridge? Is that like the Brooklyn Bridge? :)

You need to be a LOT more specific if you expect some help, including the exact make/model of modem, router, bridge devices, etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it is a linksys wireless-g ethernet bridge wet54g. I am not sure if i have the security setup done properly. My router is also a linksys router. should i have security set up as WEP or WPA which my router is. Is the password the same as the TKIP algorithm? As you can see, i am not that tech savvy, but am trying to set up using this ethernet bridge to run the on demand on directv. any help would be appreciated.

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
I'd start by configuring the router and bridge with no security and get it working, then add the security as a separate step.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you very much. so, if the router and bridge work this way, then the problem i am having is setting the security settings? What is the difference between the 2 settings, wpa and wps

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
Well, WEP is pretty anemic security and is pretty easily broken. OTOH, it's better than nothing. WPA or WPA2 is much more secure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.