Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have just set up my old PC after not using it for awhile and the display is all messed up. From boot-up, there are lots of horizontal lines on the screen, many with small gaps, although the normal display is still visible behind the lines. The problems is always there from boot-up onwards, except if the screen is completely blank.

I've changed the graphics card, which fixed things for a while but then the problem returned. I have also tried the monitor on a different PC, and it works okay, and I've reset CMOS, so it looks like the problem is the motherboard. Does anyone know if theres anything I can do? Is the problem likely to effect both AGP and PCI cards, or just AGP? The computer isn't used for anything that requires decent graphics, so I was thinking of getting an old PCI card but woudl like to know if it would work or whether I should just give up.

Thanks

Doug

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.