Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have version 1.8 installed and like to remove because of the spyware; have ad aware to catch the activations which works but the spyware re-installs consistently, and I understand why, with auto re-installs of Cydoor, Ezula, etc. What I would like to do is to be able to uninstall Limewire, though when I do this, Limewire refuses and only allows the option of re-install. Contacting Limewire is ridiculous as they do not respond. I have tried to unistall through windows and other uninstall programs. Please assist and "thank you" in advance. [email protected]

·
Registered
13 Posts
You can download RegVac trial from the following site:
http://regvac.com/fregvac.htm
Then use the uninstall portion of this tool, then vac the registry and remove it from the add remove programs listing with RegVac also.
If it won't uninstall then remove the directory from your C drive (Or drive it is installed on) then use the reg vac again to remove all entries of the program from you computer, that should pervent the program from running again.
Derrek

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
E Zula keeps re-installing; I use AdAware which will clean it but it re-installs continously. I have uninsatlled all my programs that came with "spyware," so what can I do to rid the hidden program or text string ?? that will eliminate the re-install? FreeSteve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.