Tech Support Guy banner

Left is Right

1731 Views 45 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  GoneForNow
all this "left and right" talk is strange when used to describe political and social affiliation, I am stuck with the association of brain function, left being the logical, right being artistic, but when these directions are stolen to represent poli/social orientation they are reversed, the "Right" seems conservative, and conservatism hinders artistic endeavor, but the "Left" are more loose and not very logical in the mathematic, rigid sense.
it is said that the learning and thinking process is enhanced when both sides of the brain participate in a balanced manner, I wonder if this applies to this strange affiliation game? or would you think that would be reversed too?
1 - 1 of 46 Posts
As a independant radical constitutionalist, I have never figured out the left and right thing. It seems nowadays, most republicans take stand on democratic ideas and vice versa. The lines aren't well drawn. As a constitutionalist, at least I know what side I stand on. The only thing that bothers me about my position is that there are a awful lot of militarism followed by constitutionallist. Although I strongly believe in the right to bare arms, and the non-involvement of government, I believe most ends can be achieved peacefully.

I always thought republicans were supposed to take a hands off approch to business, while democratics stongly took a interest in redistribution of wealth (ie. increased welfare). Time and time again, I have become disenchanted with both parties. I'm also disappointed with the present court system and judicial prejudice displayed by both. Recently a US court of appeals found that police had a right to conduct searches without a warrant in two states and a third is on the way. What happened to our constitutional rights? Where is the separation of church, state, and education. Why is the government deciding who we will marry, how are children are raised, what land we can claim ownership of (even when we have a deed)? Why all the corruptness? What happened to our integrity? Both republican and democratic parties have proven themselves traitorous to the laws this country supposedly was born from. :( Government, leave us alone! Don't force help on us that we don't want! Don't look over our shoulders! Get out of our schools! We are not slaves!

Just remembered, recently an person whom I have contact with was arrested for practicing law without a licence. What type of crud is that? Don't we as americans get to chose who can represent us? I guess not. :(
See less See more
1 - 1 of 46 Posts