1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Super Moderator
80,083 Posts
subscribing to this one, but not closing it yet.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
It's a great breakthrough,

however, at $ 20.00 each, and only putting out the equivalent of 65 watts it's not going to be a hot item for the homeowner yet, IMO.

It's way too expensive, since it's cost/lifetime use factor, at the manufactures' own admittance, is(compared to a standard light bulb) roughly $ 6.60 at the worst, and $ 3.30 at best.

when is the last time you were willing to pay even the cheapest $ 3.30 for a standard 65 watt light bulb.

And it's also great that it can be dimmed, however at 65 watts output, you most likely aren't going to be using a dimmer all that much. A 65 watt spotlight is not going to throw that much light.

I hope this technology takes off quickly, since we all need a better type of efficient/environmentally friendly option for home lighting, whats out there now is a good start, but not where we need to be yet!

·
Gone but Never Forgotten
27,293 Posts
Unardrinsspak, I am going to delete your post, as it has nothing to do with this thread. If you have a question, or need help with something please start your own thread in the appropriate forum.

·
Gone but Never Forgotten
27,293 Posts
subscribing to this one, but not closing it yet.
I'm closing it Tim. Same reason.

My apologies to Tom. Sorry, old sport, but you seem to be a spam magnet tonight. :(

·
Registered
17,692 Posts
LEDS don't last long either they seam to fail prematurely also like in flashlights etc. $20 for a light bulb is expensive but i think once production increased prices will go down. calculators used to cost 100's of dollars when they first came out now you can find them for $1.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.